indeed, the stressful-ness is worst that examination period. coz i have to bid for modules & it's much a hate when the module(s) that you bidded for didn't get through due to insufficient points.
i already planned nicely. this year i wanna take up an restricted elective titled "topics in urban planning". furthermore, i'm into urban planning unlike the majority of the students are more towards finance & investment.
and yeah! i was super surprised that i was outbidded for the module as the winning bid was 3000. can u imagine that? even those outside faculty module where it falls under university requirement, highest was like 1000+ only. who the hell bid that high? stress!
so my next alternative(s):
(1) take an investment related module - coz that's the only left for this semester. i have already took those under development & urban planning mostly unrestrictive modules which i have covered them. sad. :(
(2) take only 4 modules instead. and settled my restrictive modules, which is 2 more to go next semester. but i'm putting myself at risk. if that 2 modules clashes in their time table, i'm dead! i won't graduate by this semester & i have to extend another semester just to finish up another module.
so, my conclusion..... of couse alternative (1).
who wanna waste another semester for another stupid module, and furthermore end up paying additional $6k (before grant) to the school for nothing.
i left with no choice.
not only that. second problem arised. i couldn't get my gem module (which is a university requirement - a module outside faculty).
the bidding points was extreme high. so, decided to drop that and took up another module instead. and yes, managed to bid for module called "the theatre experience".
but my happiness ended 24 hours later.
third problem arised then! i received an email from the department that they actually stated number of quota wrongly - should be 50 instead of 150. and so, all students bidding points will be refund and we have to re-bid again. otherwise bid for another module.
i was like........... fish! how could they create such error? it caused inconveniences to us!
since jiha & i decided to take gem module together, we try our luck the next day. but half way through we realised that we couldn't get it. so, we went to plan b instead. find another module which is "language and the perservation of culture".
frankly i have no nuts what the module is all about but that is the next best alternative. no clashes of time table. no clashes of exam dates. and it fit nicely to both of our schedules as well. at least having friends around will enable to give you a sense of motivation. haha. insya-allah.
and that's my bidding stress that i have to face previously, or should i said a week ago. sigh!
just hope that i could managed my investment & gem module which i didn't plan for actually.
so, semester will start tomorrow. and as usual, the first week of school, only lectures and there is also career fair especially for graduating students.
and this semester, my modules are:
(1) real estate practice & ethics
(2) advanced valuation in real estate
(3) language and the perservation of culture
(4) regional real estate sectoral market
(5) corporate investment in real estate
hopefully everything goes on smoothly and i can managed all the modules in co-relation with my outside school schedule (i.e. tuitions).
to all students, enjoy your new semester!